The benefits you receive as a member of AFP are substantial. From the latest research on philanthropy to career advancement opportunities and networking events, your membership to AFP brings the world of fundraising to your fingertips. Check out some of the major benefits below — and if you haven’t already, please join AFP now and be a part of the world’s largest community of charitable fundraisers.
Connect and Network
AFP Connect offers Topic-Specific Interest Groups as well as Affinity Group Communities. These new online community forums provide a place for our members to share information and insights, learn more from colleagues on particular topics, and connect with fellow AFP members! In addition to an Open Forum community, you'll find topic-focused communities including Software/Technology Recommendations; Online Fundraising; Boards & Volunteers; Fundraising Policies; Donor Relations/Stewardship; Special Events; Planned Giving; and Direct Response/Marketing. All AFP members may participate in these new communities, but will be required to join each one. Visit AFP Connect today to get started.
Tools and Resources
AFP offers fundraisers critical tools stay up to date on the latest information on fundraising practices. Need some specific information about fundraising, like how to set up a major gift program or work more effectively with your board? Or maybe you just want to learn about the latest trends? AFP’s Guides & Resources have you covered.
- AFP’s highly acclaimed bi-monthly magazine Advancing Philanthropy examines issues facing fundraisers and the philanthropic process. It includes enlightening interviews, how-to articles, current research, and information on public policy.
- AFP's Guides & Resources offers ready reference sources to help you find answers to every fundraising question you have.
- AFP monitors legislative and regulatory issues that affect fundraising and philanthropy and keeps members informed through Legislative Updates and Action Alerts.
- Directory of Consultants and Resource Partner Pages is a comprehensive annual listing of consultants and resource partners ready to meet your organization’s needs.
- AFP’s Career Profile examines member demographics, career trends, salaries, and experience. Find out about the members of your profession.
- AFP members have access to the AFP Membership Directory online through the Member Gateway. This members-only benefit is an important networking and resource tool.
The success of every charitable cause rests upon the ability of the fundraiser to generate support for critical programs and services. AFP offers a variety of professional development programs—conferences and workshops, webinars and videos, articles and blogs—to help fundraisers learn and grow at every stage of their careers.
Fundraising success also means developing expertise beyond just fundraising—so AFP provides resources for members to learn management, leadership, IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity and access), team-building and other important skills to flourish in today’s working environment.
Most programs are eligible for continuing education credits toward the CFRE credential, as well as the ACFRE credential.
Members receive discounts on books through the AFP Bookstore, one of the largest offerings of specialized books on fundraising, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
Whether you are just entering the fundraising profession or are a seasoned veteran, the New York City Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals has opportunities you cannot afford to ignore.
- Discounts to Fundraising Day in New York, National Philanthropy Day, courses, workshops, and a myriad of other exciting educational and networking events.
- Free admission to members-only events such as pop-up roundtables
- Free subscriptions to topical email updates, and the bi-weekly newsletter New York Fundraising Matters
- Updates on federal and state legislative and regulatory actions that may affect our profession.
Becoming a member is easier than ever! Join AFP today to take advantage of these benefits and more.